Voting & Elections
Find out what you need to do next...
Voter Information Guide
This guide contains all the information you need to Register to Vote, How to Vote, & Make Sure You Are STILL Registered to Vote. Along with locations of the voting centers, dates, times, and much more.
Fremont County's New Ballot Drop Box
The new and only Secure, Ballot Dropbox is located behind Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
All ballots are collected by election officials daily including the weekends!
Drop your completed Absentee Ballot here 24/7!
Cast your ballot and let your voice be heard! Nervous about what it will be like at the polls?
No need to fear!
We have information on the voting machines and you can bring a filled in (and printed) voters' guide with you into the booth!
Previously registered? Moved? Changed Your Name? Want to change your Party Affiliation?
Do a quick check! Make sure you’re STILL registered, update your address or name, or change your party affiliation. Call the Fremont County Clerk’s Office 307-332-1088 or 307-332-1089, so you CAN Vote.
What are acceptable Identification Documents?
Provide ONE of the following
• Valid WY Driver’s License or Out of State Driver’s License
• US Passport
• Tribal ID of Any Federally Recognized Tribe
• ID card Issued by any State or Outlying Possession of the US
• US Military ID
• ID Card Issued by a Local, State, or Federal Agency
• WY Student ID
• Photo ID Card Issued by University of WY, a Wyoming Community College, or a Wyoming Public School
• ID Card Issued to a Dependent of a Member of the US Armed Forces
OR Provide TWO or more of the following:
• Certificate of US Citizenship or Naturalization
• US Military Draft Record
• Voter Registration Card from another State or County
• Original or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
• Any other Form of ID Issued by an Official Agency of the US or a State
• US Social Security Card • Certification of Birth Abroad Issued by the Department of State
• Original or Certified Copy of a Birth Certificate Bearing an Official Seal
• Any Other Form of ID Issued by an Official Agency of the US or a State
If your current residence address is not on the above documents provide ONE of the following:
• Current Utility Bill
• Current Bank Statement
• Current Government Check
• Current Paycheck
• Any Other Current Government Document Showing Your Name and Address.
How do I get and Absentee Ballot Request Form ?
Print the Absentee Ballot Request Form, fill it out, then you can mail it, drop it off at the County Clerk’s Office, or in the Secure Ballot Dropbox behind the Lander Courthouse 24/7. Or scan it, and email it to the County Clerk’s Office. Place “Absentee Ballot Request” in the subject line, provide your name, date of birth, residential address, phone number, and mailing address.
Where do I return my completed Absentee Ballot?
Remember, all absentee ballots must be received by mail, placed in secure, Ballot Dropbox behind the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander, or delivered in person to the your county clerk’s office no later than 7:00pm on Election Day. Questions? Call 307-332-1088 or 307-332-1089
How can I vote early with my absentee ballot?
YES! Early Voting For the General Election starts September 18 until November 3. Go to the Lander County Clerk’s Office in the CourtHouse. It is located 450 North Second Street, Room 120, Lander, Open 8a - 5p Monday–Friday.
Are there other voter registration locations?
Yes! There are 8
Dubois Town Hall, County Clerk’s Office, Sandy Hust, 712 Meckem St. Open 8 am–5 pm, M–F, 307-455-2345
Fremont County Clerk’s Office, Julie Freese 450 North Second Street, Room 120, Lander. Open 8 am–5 pm M–F. 307-332-1088 or 307-332-1089
Hudson Town Hall, County Clerks’ Office, Christy Kimber, 333 S Main Street. Open 8 am–5 pm, M–F. 307-332-3605
Lander City Hall, Tami Hitshew, City Clerk, 240 Lincoln Street. Open 7:30 am–4:30 pm, M–F.
Northern Arapaho Tribal Office, Leda Aoah or Huberta Dodge 533 Ethete Rd, Ethete. Open 8 am–4:45 pm, M–F. 307-332-6120
Pavillion Town Hall, Beckie Hatcher, 203 N. Main St. Open 11am–3 pm M–F. 307-856-2154
Riverton Office Clerk’s Office, 818 S Federal Blvd. Open: 9 am–3 pm Tuesday & Thursday, currently not open. Please call 307-332-1088 or 307-332-1089
Riverton City Hall, Kristin Watson, City Clerk, 816 N Federal Blvd. Open 8 am–5 pm, M–F. 307-856-2227
Shoshoni Town Hall, Teresa Taylor, Deputy Clerk, 102 E Second St. Open 8 am–4 pm, M–F. 307-876-2515
Where are the 8 NEW Voting Centers or Polling Places in Fremont County?
Open from 7am - 7pm on Primary and General Election Day
for ALL Fremont County Citizens.
1. Arapahoe, Arapahoe Charter School, 445 Little Wind River Bottom Road, 82510
2. Dubois, Administration Office at Dubois School, 700 North 1st Street, 82513
3. Ethete, Wyoming Indian High School Gymnasium, 636 Blue Sky Hwy, 82520
4. Fort Washakie, Fort Washakie School Gymnasium 90 Ethete Road, 82514
5. Kinnear, Kinnear Fire Hall, 11521 Highway 26, 82501
6. Lander, Bob Carey Memorial Field House, 405 Baldwin Creek Road, 82520
7. Riverton, Fremont Center at the Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairground Road, 82501
8. Shoshoni, Shoshoni Senior Citizen Center, 214 E 2nd St, 82649